For some, aviation is a religion. Not sure that’s good or bad, but it is what it is. There is something spiritual about flying, so it makes sense.
I came up with 10 Aviation Commandments, most of them fairly ‘serious’ and spot on. They’re mostly safety-related, but many are related to growing and improving as an aviator.
Without spoiling too much, they are…
- THOU SHALT BE SAFE
- THOU SHALT AVIATE, NAVIGATE, COMMUNICATE — IN ORDER
- THOU SHALT FIGHT HAZARDOUS ATTITUDES
- THOU SHALT STRIVE FOR PROFESSIONALISM
- THOU SHALT PAY IT FORWARD
- THOU SHALT BE A FOREVER STUDENT
- THOU SHALT HAVE FUN ALONG THE WAY
- THOU SHALT CHOOSE A GOOD SCHOOL & INSTRUCTOR
- THOU SHALT NOT GET DISCOURAGED
- THOU SHALT MAKE A PILGRIMAGE TO AIRVENTURE
Come join for this podcast and enjoy some good insight.