AviatorCast Episode 103: Finding, Picking and Keeping a Flight Instructor
Today’s Flight Plan
When starting out flying, you’d think that all instructors have an unwritten law and pact to the be the best they can be, passionate about their student’s learning, and ready to take things on full steam ahead. That’s not always the case.
While most instructors are fair, there are some good instructors and few great instructors. So, how do you know? What are some the traits of a quality instructor?
And you pilots that already have a license, this one is for you too. If you intend on remaining safe and growing as an aviator, you must continue to learn. So even if you’ve been burned in the past, or you’re a professional pilot, how do you continue to stretch yourself?
This podcast will answer some of these questions and more as we delve into Picking and Keeping a Flight Instructor.
Questions to ask later/or while there:
- How many instructors do you have?
- What are their experience levels?
- Do I get to pick my instructor?
- How do I contact the instructor? (setup personal meetings)
- Are they building time, or here to stay?
- What are your hours?
- What days of the week is instruction available?
- What type of aircraft do you have?
- How much is it to rent and aircraft?
- How much for an instructor?
- What other costs not directly related to flying are there?
- Do you have a summary of costs for this license?
- How is billing handled?
- Do I have to pay up front, or pay-as-I-go?
- Is there a cash discount?
- Is there a bulk discount?
- How busy are the aircraft?
- How busy are the instructors?
- Can I schedule online?
- How is the flight school involved in the community?
- Do you promote any safety meetings, or host get-togethers?
Major thanks to the amazing Angle of Attack Crew for all their hard work over the years. Our team works incredibly hard, and they’re very passionate about what they do.
Want to get regular updates through iTunes? This is the easiest way to automatically download your podcast, and take it on the go. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Want us to let you know via email when episodes of AviatorCast are released? We can do that, too. SIGNUP ABOVE.
Get Started Today!
Want to get started with some of our video training? Go to our main page and signup for Aviator90 (our basic and free course) or other pay products we have.
Chief Flight Instructor and President of Angle of Attack. Founded in 2006.
Be the very first to get notified when we publish new flying videos, free lessons, and special offers on our courses.